Saturday, October 18, 2008

Spending Money!

We had a very pleasant few days in Whitehorse, although not at all relaxing! Matt took a course on Wednesday and Thursday while I shopped my little heart out. Hunter and I also got to take in the pool for a moms and tots time.

Highlights:
- pool time with the boy
- finding our friends who used to live in Hay River and now live in Whitehorse!
- buying super cheap plants from a store that was closing down
- discovering Liquidation World!
- eating at an awesome Mexican food restaurant
- Matt passing his tests first time around
- cinnamon bun at Braeburn Lodge
- spending enough money at Superstore to get $.25 off per litre of fuel

Lowlights:
- spending waaaaaay too much money on some upgrades to my MacBook Pro
- letting the mac guys have my computer all week, but the problem with it is still not fixed
- having a boy who wakes up at 5:30am
- getting lost in Copper Ridge
- the boy getting all four eye teeth in

And just plain interesting:
- getting onto the elevator with a group of people from Sri Lanka wearing winter coats and mittens while I was just in my t-shirt and Hunter was in a hoody!
- running after a car in the college parking lot that was rolling backwards after the driver went into the building. The doors were locked so I had to watch it roll back, go over a curb, and hit a pole. I left them a nice note on the windshield saying it did not hit anyone or anything else.


And then we drove back in the snow with a grumpy boy in the backseat. Fun to be out, but nicer to be back home!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?! No pictures? hehe

Anonymous said...

My stepdad told me a story of getting into a taxi in Jamaica I think it was. It was 60F and the driver had a heavy coat on with the heat cranked and the windows up. What a difference from what we are used to up here.

Unknown said...

Oh Kara I howled when I read the " I left them a nice note" bit. Only someone as nice as you would do that.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

You know Tina, I took the camera and didn't take a single picture!!

Indigo- all I could think was what the poor woman would think when she came out from school and her car wasn't where she left it!!!!

Aida said...

oooo, the eye teeth..i still remember those..and cant believe i will be going thru it again..