Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pie Stealing Squirrel, A Baby Bat and Some Parkas!

Interesting title.... but none of it is related. Too bad, that would have probably made for a more interesting tale.

The Pie Stealing Squirrel:

Last week Hunter and I are eating lunch at the table when I see an adorable squirrel on the deck. Oh look Hunter! A squirrel! So we watch the squirrel. Oh look Hunter! He is eating too, it must be his lunchtime. Ack! That little f*$#er!! He has a peach in his paws! He is stealing my peach pie!!!

I learned my lesson. When using the deck as your outdoor fridge, remember to store the pie in the bbq, not on the side of it.





My poor peach pie... The squirrel was sticking pieces of it into a tree next to the house. He also has big mushrooms in the tree!


A Baby Bat:
Parcel arrived from my mom today. She made Hunters Halloween outfit again this year. He is such a cute little bat! I promise I will get better pictures come Halloween:


Some Parkas!
This I am super duper excited about. I am (oh my god, I am really going to admit it) really starting to enjoy sewing. My mom found these parks patterns and I think I am going to try my hand at making them!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we had a pie eating squirel as our neighbor!!

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Oh.My.God. I can't wait to see a parka!!

Kate Nova said...

I almost can't handle the cuteness of the baby bat costume picture! Ah! I love it!

The Apathetic Bride said...

Hahaha, pie eating squirel. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Kara,

You'll have to fix the hood, unless you like the pointy hood. A lady used that pattern and made a parka for me when i was pregnant...I never used the hood...I didn't like it!

Aida said...

love the parka pattern..looks vintage with an inuk twist..lol