Monday, October 20, 2008

1 down, 2 to go!

My first trimester is over! Only 26 more weeks to go.... Man that seems like such a long time.

The yakking is definitely improving. I am throwing up maybe once or twice a day now and I have reduced myself down to 2 diclectin a day. Funny though- when I do yak the boy has been trying to make the same noises. It is hard to yak when you are laughing at your kid sounding like a cat bringing up a hair ball. The yakking is much better this pregnancy.

I have had zero weight gain this trimester. I actually ended up losing 6lbs. Probably not from the yakking and more from the loss of appetite. That is come back quickly though! While we were in Whitehorse I felt like I could not stop stuff my face. And of course I am eating weird combinations of food again. This morning I ate leftover elk cutlets, strawberries and chocolate milk. It was delicious.

Matt is working in Faro this week, so we are going to head down to the health centre sometime to listen to the baby's heartbeat. And I believe my first ultrasound will be near the end of November.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that went fast! I can just hear Hunter now "yaking" along with you. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Im so excited to meet the new baby! Kara hurry up! Hahaha Miss you guys lots!

Aida said...

haha, wait till Hunter is older, he will definitely copy everything! the day he puts his doll to his chest, you know you'll in for a major monkey see monkey do moment..ask me how i know..lol