Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Walking

Between yesterday and today I have gone on five separate walks for a total of 12km. I am determined to hit that 50lb mark by the end of July!

The hill of doom is getting easier. I can walk up it without stopping, although near the top I am huffing and puffing, but still going. The boys are enjoying their extra walks with me, although Cavan really wants to get out of the stroller and walk with Hunter. Hunter walks about half the time and I do make him get out of the stroller for going up the hill. Having 25lbs of kid in there is more than enough!

Today's morning walk included a rose petal picking stop. I got nearly half an ice cream bucket of petals and turned them into thirteen little jars of jelly this evening. The petals won't be out for much longer, so I have to take advantage of them.

I have my fingers crossed that the weather stays nice enough that I can keep getting my walks in everyday. It is pretty easy to get in 4.5km everyday with just one loop to get the mail and back and then another loop around the houses on upper bench where we live.

Thanks for the ass-kicking encouragement everyone!

3 comments:

jozien said...

Right on Kara!
Did i say i lost my extra pounds being pregnant, not all of us are that lucky. But then my boy, loving activity, kept me slim for sure.
I was picking petals today too,
doesn't it look beautiful all that pink.

Tammy said...

Wow that is so awesome, you're going to have that weight off in no time! I hate walking, I wish I liked it more but I absolutely hate it.

Megan said...

Keep it up! You're doing great!