Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Newest Sewing Project

I was looking around on the Etsy website last night and came across a neat pouch/purse/thingymabob. Tonight I made up my own pattern and gave it a try with the scraps I have around in my sewing room. It turned out pretty good for a first attempt! I will make a couple of small changes on the next one, but I think this will be a nice way to use up the heap of scraps I have been accumulating for the last few years.

**Oh the joy of having my evenings back so I can go down into my sewing room!!

****Plus with all of the sunlight I can actually go into the basement in the evening without fear of zombies!
Seal with navy blue split cow hide

From the side.
For the next one I will shorten the leather going over the top and
figure out some kind of strap for it.

Open.
Wow. From this picture I see I was nowhere close to centre when attaching the button strap! Better fix that.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Centre? What's that?

Looking pretty nice!

Anonymous said...

You are some talented....great job!