Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sleep Sense: Night One

Success!! Well at least the start of success.

Cavan slept through until 5:30 this morning with just a couple of squeaks. I never had to go into his room once. And right now he is napping in his crib! Wahhoooo!

Hunter was a little more difficult. He was up twice before midnight, but it was just a few cries and I went in and put his head back down on his pillow and he was out. Next he was up at midnight for half an hour. It included a trip to go pee and few runs out of the room. Then he was up again at 5am, but Matt put him back in bed just a couple of times and he slept until 5:30. My goal is to get them sleeping until anytime past 6am, so today came close.

The best was at midnight when he wanted his daddy. I told him dad was working (Matt got home at 2:30am), so then he started asking for our friend Erica to come and get him. Too cute.

Of course now I am kicking myself in the butt going why the hell didn't we do this earlier? My only answer is that a lack of sleep makes you unable to think clearly about anything!

1 comment:

Janet Whitesell said...

"My only answer is that a lack of sleep makes you unable to think clearly about anything! "

This is so true. We humans do crazy, irrational things when we're sleep deprived. I think that's one reason why a strict routine can be so helpful. If we train ourselves to a routine, we can execute that routine even when we aren't thinking straight. It works for long distance sled dog racing, too!