Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just a perfect day

I love when I have one of those days where at the end, I feel absolutely content. There was nothing overly special about today, but we kept ourselves busy and spent a lot of time outside.

This morning we were up nice and early (the boys are sleeping wonderfully!), played in the house, and then headed out for a walk. Off to to post office, to get our summer camping pass and then for boo-boo repair at the health centre. Hunter had his first taste of road rash! My boy is growing up. He was running full out on the walk and bit it on the pavement. His elbow bled a lot, but he was content when daddy fixed him all up. Then we headed off to playgroup and caught a ride home with daddy for lunch.

After lunch both boys napped and I caught up on watching The Tudors online. The rest of the afternoon was spent outside with a pressure washer cleaning off the quads, the camper and the outside toys. Hunter and Cavan played in the puddles I left and then duked it out in the sandbox. When Matt came home we decided a family quad ride was in order, so we spent about 45 minutes out exploring the trails near home. I had nothing prepped for supper- thankfully we have a restaurant in town! The boys were well behaved and entertained the other restaurant-goes with their smiles and giggles.

After supper we played outside, picked rose petals and watched Matt help the neighbour put in his new window. Bathtime, snack time and story time rounded out the evening and both boys were asleep with very little fuss by 7:30. I have been puttering and working on a batch of rose petal jelly while Matt is over enjoying a well deserved beer with the neighbour.

A lovely, fun, and family-filled day.

4 comments:

Ann said...

that sounds like a fantastic day.

deiss said...

How wonderful! I can't wait to get in the house so we can just putter around and just be, you know?

Morena said...

Haha! I hadn't read this till now and I just posted about Oliver's first scraped knee! Why is that funny? I don't know, I just found it ironic.

Sounds like a great day. Hopefully today was also a good one.

Anonymous said...

And now I find you into the Tudors!! Girl, you just like all the naughtiness in that show... hee hee! Final season starts this Fall, should give you enough time to catch up! I am a big fan of it!
Tamara