Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sleep Sense: Two Weeks

I have spent the last weeks wishing we had done this sooner. We are sleeping! All of us!

We have stuck to our evening routine and bedtime at 7:30 for the last two weeks (and as close as possible while camping) and it has paid off in full. Cavan is now sleeping straight until 5:30 every morning and Hunter will sleep until 6 or 6:30. We have to go into Hunter's room a couple of times during the night because he gets uncovered and cold then calls in his sleep for us to cover him up. He doesn't even seem to wake up during these times. A couple of times he has called for us to take him to go pee, but then he goes right back to sleep.

Hopefully in time Cavan will make it to 6am, but for now I am pretty happy. That is ten hours straight he is sleeping. He is also napping in his crib twice a day. The morning nap is usually short at about 20 minutes and then the afternoon nap is around an hour.

I am finally feeling well-rested. That in combination with my walking and weight loss has given me a lot more energy. Amazing what a full nights sleep can do for a person!

3 comments:

Morena said...

So happy it's working for you.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever wonder if you would ever get to this point? Congrats to you both! I bet you feel like a million bucks!! xoxo Tamara

Fawn said...

Yay! Now if only Halia would follow that lead. I know, I know, I just have to bite the bullet and stop boobing her at night when she wakes up. But she is SO DARNED STUBBORN. I have to pick a week where I am willing to be even more tired for a few days.

Anyway, am I talking about myself again? Egads, maybe if I got some sleep I'd stop being so self-centred.

Now go get some of that well-earned sleep! :)