Saturday, October 30, 2010

Winning Bid

Last week some playground equipment in Faro came up for tender. We put bids in a couple of pieces of equipment and ended up winning both! We turned down one so another family could have it and are very pleased with our win. It is a pretty large play structure and we only paid $505 for it. There is a one week timeline for removing the equipment so Matt started at it today. It is actually going quicker than we though. Since the posts are cemented into the ground, he is just digging down and cutting the posts off.

I finally conceded defeat with my hopes of having a level in the backyard as my gardening spot. Matt pointed out that since I couldn't even keep four hanging baskets alive this summer that gardening should be put on the back burner for a while. He does have a very valid point! So that level in the backyard will be prepped in the spring and this piece of equipment installed there. I found slides that you can buy at Home Hardware that we will put between the two levels. Are we cool parents or what?? I cannot wait to see how it all looks next summer with this installed, grass, flower boxes.... oh my!!

Our win!! Matt had already taken off the two slides and some other accessories:

2 comments:

Morena said...

That's awesome. They are going to have so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is fantastic!
You guys are awesome parents!! Congrats! Your place will be like your folks... Disney for kids!
xoxo tamara