Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Matt!

Today my wonderful husband turned a whopping 34! My gosh he is getting old. I fed him a delicious supper that included a prime rib roast, garlic mashed potatoes and this amazingly moist chocolate cake.

Hunter helped me bake the cake before we went to playgroup. In the afternoon we added the icing. I made the mistake of leaving the room for a few minutes. I returned to see he had pulled up his stool, grabbed a spoon, and was stealing the icing from the cake! What a kid.

The best chocolate cake ever!

The Candle War!


Matt enjoying his cake:
*side note- check out that X-Ring! He got that bit of man jewelry 8 years ago today. Sadly, no super powers come with it like the guys from the movie X-men. Although, Matt insists that his witty sarcasm is a super power. I still disagree.

Hunter in a chocolate induced stupor:

4 comments:

deiss said...

Happy birthday old man!

In Iqaluit said...

Happy birthday, Matt! Are birthdays the best when you can share your cake with an appreciative little boy? (And soon two appreciative little boys!)

Like I said to Kara on her birthday, you have a lot to celebrate!

Mme. Rogers said...

Like father like son? They both have a look of chocolate-induced stupor.

Aida said...

awww..love the video, i love your bright orange bumbo! they dont have as many colours when i got them.