Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hair!

Okay.... So I had a bunch of compliments on my hair from yesterdays post! Thank you! I had actually taken the time to blow dry it. But I felt like I was leading you all astray. My hair rarely looks nice. I have hair envy issues. Everyone else always looks so put together and I look like I was hit by a freak wind storm.

I used to have very long hair but had it all chopped off when we lived in Kugluktuk. It would never fit under my quad helmet and would attack me while I was skidooing. Plus I didn't want to get barf in it once we had kids.

My sister in law said to me this summer, "You would look five years younger if you grew your hair out again." Five years younger! Well hell yeah then! I dislike 30, of course I want to look 25 again. So I have been growing this disaster out. Ugggggg!

So here is what I usually look like:























1. Crazy side bangs that have a funky wave to them. Always have and probably always will.
2. Cowlick. And irritating chunk of hair that likes to hang straight down in front.
3. Side wing.
4. Even bigger side wing.
5. The rest of the bangs. I made the mistake of trying to cut them myself, but now they are super lopsided. Yep, I should never be allowed to touch scissors.

8 comments:

A.J. said...

haha kara you crack me up. this pretty much made my day. a wonderful break from essay writing :)

Sister in law said...

see i told u, blow dry that mop and presto!!! 5 years younger!! lol kidding lov ya Sister in Law!

Anonymous said...

Haha Kara!! I am also hair-retarded!! The only time my hair looks decent is whenever the hair dresser does it!! I don't have the time, knowledge, or skill to attempt to do my own hair!! And for the record, you don't look a day over 25!!

Freya

dogsled_stacie said...

Hahahaaa.... I like the side wings and cowlick! When I was a kid, I used to envy other kids with cowlicks and would try and gel my bangs and force them to cowlick, lol!! Never really worked, so, you are the envy of others too, see!

jen said...

Kara your too funny! And a gorgeous person! Mom's aren't supposed to have perfect hair. There is just something untrustworthy about a mom with perfect hair lol. I'm happy if I can just wash it, and I've only got the one kid!

In Iqaluit said...

I totally agree with Jen's comments.

You are a riot!

Tina said...

Ahahahaha. I truly do love you. :)

Unknown said...

I love it!!! I keep thinking about cutting my hair and then realize that if I do, I won't be able to tie it back in a little bun and I retreat!

Lots of people have said "I don't think I've ever seen you with your hair down" - yeah, that's because it's a pain in the ass to do anything except put it in a bun!!

Miss you!