Sunday, November 16, 2008

Spruce Bog Bootie BOMB!!

Yep. It was a bomb. Remember the dream I blogged about where I didn't sell anything and there were a thousand tables? Well that was actually very very close to the real thing!!

I sold a whopping $150 worth of stuff. Ouch! There was a record turn out this year, but unless you were selling baked goods or photocards, there wasn't much else moving. Most peoples tables were as full as mine at the end. People just weren't up to spending more than $50 on an item. I saw lots of small items being sold, but that was about it!

But I have to tell you I had a heap of fun at the craft fair and in Whitehorse anyways!

Highlights:
- this woman next to me who had this moving metal fish on top of a fridge and she sold forks that were shaped into bugs. She was a riot and kept me entertained the whole time.
- meeting Carol the YukonChatterBug blogger!!
- now try to follow this one: my moms best friends sister-in-law tracked me down! Awesome to meet her
- making a great connection to another woman who makes beautiful moccasins and mittens. We want to meet to trade sewing secrets!
- seeing the amazing stuff people had to sell at the craft fair. Oh the money I would have spent had I made any!
- getting my washing machine from sears finally!!
- eating McDonalds, Timmies, and Chinese food
- doing a bunch of Christmas shopping
- seeing two of the items my hubby has gotten me for Christmas!! ahaha hard to keep it a secret when you all ride home in one vehicle.
- having a boy who slept both to and from Whitehorse and was a dream child the rest of the time.
- not yakking once the whole weekend and I even forgot to take my medication last night!
- great conversations with random people at the craft fair. I talked to some really interesting folks

So really, the trip wasn't a waste. We did a heap of shopping and got the winter tires put on. And I think one of my hubby's coworkers wants to buy 10 pairs of booties. Well she has a lot to choose from now!

So if anyone wants to buy a pair of booties just let me know!! I have a great selection!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kara, I can remember my first craft fair with all my hand knit goodies. Some of my own design. I made $45 bucks! Was tough to take!! But the next ones, well awesome. Sadly it just takes time but you are so talented. It will catch you just watch.

dogsled_stacie said...

OH crap, that sucks!!! I couldn't make it yesterday and was pretty bummed about it. I thought the booties would be flying off your table! Oh well, good things DO take time to catch on, so hang in there, your stuff is beautiful!

lutforte said...

YES me! i want booties! post which ones are left! i will send you $$

Anonymous said...

Hey Kara,
What sizes do you have and how much? I may take some off your hands as well!

Christine

Meandering Michael said...

Sorry I wasn't able to drop by! I got tied up with something work-related (and I still haven't picked out the GRAND PRIZE that you have to share for guessing Nugget's weight so well). Let us know the next time you're in W'hse!

jen said...

Your booties are awesome! You should come back to Nunavut and sell them, they'd go like wildfire! At least they don't expire eh! There is always the next sale.

Anonymous said...

Are there any in Joey sizes?? And, I still want a stocking!

Megan said...

Hello from Inuvik!
I've been reading your blog for a while now (since before you moved). I'm sorry to hear you didn't sell much at the craft fair! We have one coming up here and I'm hoping I do ok!

I know someone in Whitehorse that does traditional sewing and was participating in the craft fair this weekend so it would be funny if it was her that you met!

All the best!

Unknown said...

Bummer!! Well sounds like you have some customers lined up here already. I bet folks will be tracking you down , saying I meant to get some blah, blah, blah............
They would have sold like nothing in Nunavut. People pay good prices for things there and appreciate when they have the opportunity to buy good things, wonder why WH was so stingy Saturday afternoon?