Friday, August 22, 2008

Disgusting Toothbrush Adventures

I bought new toothbrushes and set them out in the bathroom. The nice red one I had been using for the last few months was handed to the boy to play with while I had a shower. He chewed on it for a while and then seemed to scrub the whole bathroom floor with it. Then the cat came over and Hunter tried to brush her teeth. After my shower I took the entertaining toothbrush from him and dropped it in the garbage can in the bathroom.

Later that day as I am doing laundry Hunter makes a beeline for open bathroom door. I finish what I am doing and then go and check on him. There he is with the red toothbrush stirring the toilet water. I grab the boy as the phone rings and set the toothbrush on the edge of the bathroom sink.

Next morning what do I do?? Grab the same red toothbrush I have been using for the last few months to brush my teeth. It was until I bent over to spit and saw my nice new purple toothbrush sitting there did I realize what I had done.

Absolutely disgusting.

17 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

AHAHAHA. You nearly cost me a keyboard when I spit my coffee.

deiss said...

Wow. I knew you were a dork but this is on a whole new level... :-D

Anonymous said...

And here I was feeling sympathetic for you. With friends like these... ;)

deiss said...

Oh but Fawn you should hear the smack talk she leaves for me so it's all good! hee hee... :-)

Kennie said...

Ewwwwwey!

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

So Ms. Kara. You left a comment on Jen's blog about all your wedding pictures with you holding a gun. I'm officially requesting to see them. :)

Jennith said...

if it makes you feel better my first day here our toilet was leaking (not sure if it was good or bad water) and I knocked my tooth brush into it... and it was the only one I had. So, I rinsed in in boiling water and seriously considered not brushing my teeth until my spare came with the rest of my luggage... but that didn't last too long. I've survived without any major illness, but I was relieved to get the new one.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Tina- I will have to figure out my scanner first! I haven't used it yet. But I will get one on here for you.

deiss said...

Oh oh oh oh and you have to do the ones with the teeth!

Trish said...

ohhhh nooo!!!!! That's awesome and disgusting at the same time. Oh how you make me smile :-) I think you can attribute some of your pregnancy sickness to something else now :-D

Anonymous said...

BLAH!!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! I want to feel bad for you but your misfortune is way, way too funny! Thanks for the best story I read in a while. I am going to nominate this one for the next Nunies! :)

Jaime said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA.

Now I don't feel so stupid about leaving my luggage at the airport when you were there. :)

That's absolutely classic, Kara!

Aida said...

its double whammy, the pregnant brain and the baby brain..lol this is the start of foolishness for sure. i've done strange things but clearly yours is funnier..lol

Anonymous said...

Today being the first "serious" day at work for this semester, I really needed a good laugh to start the day off. Boy, did I get one, reading about your tootbrush adventure!
Way to go!

Matthew & Michele said...

:)

Anonymous said...

LOL! That is so funny! I thought Patrick was worse then any other babies. Cuz my 2 older ones weren't that mischievous. I still love him so much. He doesn't make me lonely.