Thursday, August 14, 2008

Complaint to CKRW I emailed today.

Hello,

I listen to this radio station everyday while I am puttering around the house. Today I am very disappointed to hear this countdown of countries of the least/most beautiful women. Do you have any idea how many young girls are listening to this station? Ever wonder if it is comments like this that might be contributing to self-esteem problems of these young girls? Who are you to decide what is beauty? I am sure you having a number of other topics you could cover that do not involve sexist comments like these. Or better yet, just don't talk for those few minutes and play some music!

Kara in Faro

ps. if you guys play that Bryan Adams song with the Spice Girl again this week I am going to listen to the CBC instead! Please don't make me switch!

5 comments:

Jackie S. Quire said...

OH MY HEART MY POOR BROKEN HEART!!!

You say that like CBC is BAD!

Sobbingly-yours,

Jackie

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Sorry Jackie, but I really cannot stand to listen to the CBC!!! I like that Stuart McLean guy, but I discovered that I can itune him instead! Hurray! I just find most people on the cbc have such a monotone voice that I drift off and don't hear them anyways!! Perhaps if you were on-air more I would listen in!

:)

Anonymous said...

Whitehorse has THE WORST group of radio stations in the civiized universe. Thank heaven for online radio and iPod!

Anonymous said...

What the heck is up with dissing girls. The Chinese had a pretty girl lip sinc the real star's song, radio stations dissing girls. Women and girls are not objects to judge. Makes me sick at heart that humans have not evolved enough to not judge on beauty. Susan

Megan said...

Good for you.