Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fresh Veggies

I have really missed fresh veggies over the last few years. When we lived in the NWT I grew some on my porch out of any container I could find that would hold dirt. I don't have a garden here yet, but just out of town is a really nice organic farm. Yesterday morning Hunter and I went for a drive to check out what they had. I came home with huge bags of lettuce and spinach, turnips and chinese cabbage. We had a huge salad for lunch yesterday with some of the lettuce. Then for supper I cooked up some of the spinach in a frying pan with olive oil, green onions, garlic and a bit of lime juice. Delicious!! Tomorrow we are going to have the turnips with a home grown roast chicken. Yum! Hurray for moving to the Yukon!

3 comments:

Aida said...

organic, with variety and above north of 60? man, you are lucky!!

Jennith said...

lol.. I'm bracing for life with limited vegetables...hopefully food mail makes things a bit better than my last stint in the north...

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Where were you last Jennith? I loved and hated food mail!