Thursday, July 31, 2008

Camping down the South Canol

Matt has this weekend off so we are headed out again in our wonderful camper. We are getting a lot of use out of the camper and I am so glad that we bought it. Camping with a kid in a tent doesn't sound like a heap of fun to me, especially with this rainy weather we have been having. It was fine when it was just the two of us, but with little Tulugak, it is nice to have a hard shell over our heads.

The area of the Yukon we are exploring this weekend is the South Canol Road. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy having a road again!! I am in search of grayling this weekend. We have yet to get a line in the water this summer and I am itching to catch some fish. I picked up a brochure on the road from our visitors centre and it outlines a side road that leads to the Seagull Lakes and it specifically says there is good grayling fishing in there. I sure hope the brochure is right. Tomorrow morning I have to go through our mess of tackle and set us up. The camper is all loaded, just have to add food and us. My berry-picking-bear-gun will also be joining us this weekend.

Oh! And the raspberries are out in droves here now as well. I am still picking wild strawberries from my yard and the neighbours yards. I love berry picking! So far none of the raspberries have made it to the house- all have gone straight to our tummies!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Picture of the town BBQ in Faro last weekend. Great turnout, great food, great friends and even great weather!!

1 comment:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Sounds like fun. Can't wait to see the pics!