Monday, March 7, 2011

Dawson City- Here I Come!

A friend up in Dawson City told me about a craft show going on up there and I kept it in the back of my mind for a while, but not thinking I would be able to make it. Then my fantastic husband made it work. He switched a weekend of call with another nurse and told me I can head up on my own without him or the kids!! I have not had a night to myself in four years and now I get two.

I will now be attending the Trappers Fur Show and am busy making new items to bring up with me. There will be a showing of furs caught my local trappers, a craft show and a fur fashion show. Some friends of mine will also be participating so I am glad I will know some other folks there.

Yesterday I purchased a tanned wolf and I am going to try making my first pair of wolf mittens today. I sure hope they turn out nice. Yesterday I tried a pair of caribou mittens, but the hide may have sat for too many years- the hairs were falling out and now my sewing room is a disaster. Good thing I have a dyson to clean it up!

All of my custom orders are completed, so now I just have to get ready for Dawson. It is going to be a fun couple of weeks making new things.

3 comments:

Morena said...

2 nights without your kid (that means Matt too) sounds like heaven! Have a great time and good luck for lots of sales.

Unknown said...

TWO NIGHTS!?!? How did you manage that!?!? Have a FAB time! I expect to see photos of the new creations! Fur Fashion Show-awesome!

Finnskimo said...

Ahhh, so your husband is a NURSE...you know...we have SEVERAL nursing positions here in Kotzebue! Wouldn't that be GRAND??!! :)

P.S. Congrats on the Arts Festival! Exciting!