Sunday, January 17, 2010

Babies and Bonfires

Don't worry- no babies actually came in contact with bonfires. Only marshmallows and hotdogs were sacrificed!

Early this afternoon friends of ours invited us out to a bonfire. Matt is on call, but luckily the radio works at this spot since it is quite close to town. We went out and spent about an hour and a half enjoying the beautiful January weather! A warm spell hit town this weekend and it was only -6C. I had my jacket off the entire time out there.

Relaxing infront of the fire:

My blue-eyed boy!

Handsome Husband:

Bonfire!!

Cross-eyed with love for the marshmallow!

Relaxing with Cavan:

Me and my boys! It is so hard to get Hunter to smile for the camera now.

Playing around on our friends skidoo:

I really miss our skidoos!! In a few years we definitely need to buy some.

Happy Family:

Walking on the skidoo trail:

The Terleski Family:

The Freake-Minder Family:

After a bit of boob, Cavan passed right out!

He even slept in the sled for the walk out, the drive home, and another 45 minutes in his carseat in the living room!! He was nearly falling out of this sled:

So I put him into this bigger sled to drag him out:
Watching my children enjoy time outdoors is so rewarding!

6 comments:

Morena said...

Wow! January in the arctic and you're wearing a tshirt! Enjoy that weather.

Breigh said...

Woman put on a jacket! haha I'm cold just looking at you :P

I burst out laughing at 'a bit of boob' :P Yeah I'm so easily amused.

Tigger said...

It has been 'warm' here too, a nice break! Looks like you and your men had a great time

jill spyker said...

okay kara... I love you, you know this... seriously... I've been doing the winter thing for the first time in awhile... and -6 certainly does feel warm after -35 etc... but not NOT warm enough for only a t-shirt. Crazy woman.

Aida said...

i was going to comment about the tshirt too. your kids are bundled up like the michelin man. and Matt is dressed.. so whats the secret?? i would love to ditch my coat sometimes in winter :)

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

It was only -6, then sun was shining, there was a fire!!! Come on you wimps!! heheheheh :)