The job posting just went up today!
Faro is in need of an outstanding individual to fill the principal position.
Our small k-12 school has around 40 students with the majority of the youth in the lower grades.
What are families here hoping for in a successful applicant? Someone who:
- knows what it means to lead a community school
- will support teachers and push them to strive towards excellence
- is willing to be directly involved with all grade levels of students
- is willing to work at building a positive rapport with the students
- uses the vast wealth of knowledgeable people around Faro who want to be involved in the school
- is open-minded and willing to discuss new ideas
- is not only looking to teach the students, but also willing to learn from them
- can be a strong advocate for our students while having their best interests in mind
My husband summed it up much better than I could have when he said this: Faro needs a community minded member who will serve as the principal of our educational facility instead of a principal who simple lives in the community.
Do you think you are up to this amazing challenge? Or do you know someone who should apply?
Click here for the link to the job posting.
Click here to learn more about Faro.
And of course you can always contact me to find out more about our amazing town and what life here has to offer!