Friday, September 10, 2010

The F-Bomb

Matt and I both fully admit that we have wicked potty mouths. We have been trying to curb what comes out of our mouths in the last few months, but I think we made the attempt to change waaay to late.

A few weeks ago Hunter has sitting at a chair that had him squished right in to the kitchen table. I guess he wanted free because he came out with this: "Oh this fucking chair mom!"

Soooo..... I opt to ignore it.

A few hours later he has turned himself into a human bridge between the coffee table and the sofa. After a while his legs would give out and he would collapse onto the floor. As he collapsed he loudly exclaimed, "The fucking bridge fell down!"

Crap. Okay, I realized I need to deal with it then and there. But what do you do? You don't want to make a big fuss out of it, but ignoring it wasn't working either. So I decided to repeat his statement back to him without the f-bomb.

Me: "Oh no! Your bridge fell down?"

Hunter: "No Mom! My fucking bridge fell down!"

I nearly exploded trying to keep my laughter in. I guess I will be taking the soap in your mouth route next.

8 comments:

Aida said...

phew, that makes me feel better actually! Ben recently starts saying "shit" when something doesnt go his way, thanks to his mother..yikes!

Anonymous said...

Ah boi! I don't have any kids or anything, but I'm thinking for the future I better watch what I say! Haha! I enjoy dropping the f'bomb! Such a bad habit! hehe.

Now, you are positive that it's from you, and not from other kids or people he heard it from? ;-) hehe.

Good luck with getting him out of that, tell us readers how he does!

Anonymous said...

hehehe .... but at least he's using it context :-)

Erica said...

I second Kennie - using it in context is pretty impressive ^_^

dogsled_stacie said...

AHahaaaaa!! I love how he corrected you when you left it out!

jozien said...

and i looooove this.
That's why i believe in a stay-at- home parent, at least your kids copy you and not the nanny :)

Carole said...

OMG! How funny! When I did a practicum in one of the schools, it was chilly out, and at home, I have the habit of saying, "it's nipply." Well guess what came out of my mouth in the school halls that day. It's a good thing the kids were very young and no one took notice. I was embarrassed beyond belief and vowed I'd clean up my talk. Now the high school kids chuckle and roll their eyes when I say RATS instead of my usual SH!T when I'm at home. I'm getting there! lol

Morena said...

That's hilarious!!! I have no suggestions for how to fix it but i'll be interested to hear what works. I'm sure we'll need it around here soon enough.