Thursday, September 9, 2010

Birthday Cake

I have known my husband for ten years and we have been married for nearly seven. In that time, he has never put much thought into a birthday cake for me. He has always done a great job on presents- and by great job I mean he gets me what I write down on a list for him! Usually I bake my own cake, although last year a friend and I made each other birthday cakes for a change.

A few months ago at a friends birthday I told my husband I wanted the same cake she had. I figured that request went in one ear and out the other, but surprisingly it didn't! Matt remember that I wanted that cake, found out that you had to order it ahead of time, remembered to order it, and even remembered to pick it up while we were in Whitehorse last weekend. I was impressed!

The cake was too good for words! We ate it on Sunday.... and Monday. I think everyone in the Yukon should try one of these cakes. Call the Chocolate Claim in Whitehorse and talk to the baker about making you a flourless chocolate cake. Worth the money for the chocolate induced coma.

Thank you Matt and boys for a delicious cake!

And my present this year? I got to order more sewing supplies!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Looks delicious! I'm drooling :P

Unknown said...

I'd almost drive to Whiteghorse for a slice of that cake. I will be back in your hood (so to speak) mid October. Planning on attending the Inuvik Christmas craft sale again this year.

Erica said...

That cake was the ultimate cake experience. It was like being bumped up to Executive Class on a 13 hour flight - it has ruined me for regular cake forever ^_^

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I would love to attend that craft fair!! Keep an eye out for my friend from Whitehorse, Lena White. She makes the most amazing mittens, dolls and oodles of other stuff. I hope to get to her level of ability one day!

Morena said...

My mouth is salivating like crazy just looking at that cake. mmmmmmm