Friday, August 20, 2010

Change of Plans

Tomorrow was supposed to be a fun filled day of quadding with friends on the Dena Cho trail. Sadly, the weather has been crappy for the last few days and tomorrow looks no better. Quadding in the cold rain just doesn't sound like much fun to me at all. Our quadding trip will be rescheduled for later this fall when the trail hardens up and won't be a soupy mess. Good thing we have back-up plans! Friends had offered to take the boys all day tomorrow and we are going to take advantage of that offer.

Instead of quadding, Matt and I are going to drive up the North Canol Road to look for either caribou or moose. Our freezers are nearly empty and need a refill before winter. Wish me luck; I haven't been out hunting since shooting caribou up in the Arctic nearly four years ago. And I shot that poor bugger in the rump- worst shot ever!!

My first caribou!
Kugluktuk, spring 2006

Successful hunting party, spring 2006:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was -30C and sunny... remember quite clearly! What a hoot that was! Thanks for posting - I thought I recognised a person or two :0) Tamara