Sunday, August 30, 2009

Caribou!

Matt and a friend went out hunting this weekend while I stayed home with our darling* children. They left Friday night and headed up into the mountains near Faro. Saturday our friend shot a nice young bull that we will split between us. That night they came home to drop it off, spent the night here and headed out again today. Sadly, they missed their chance at two bull moose this afternoon. However Matt is heading back into that area tomorrow with some other friends to track them down!

Setting up camp:


What a beautiful area!

The toys:


The num-nums for my freezer! Caribou:


*darling= evil
Cavan was up all night Friday, seriously all night, teething, snotting, barfing x3, etc. Hunter woke up with the noise and was awake from 2am to nearly 6am. I got one hour of sleep that night. ARRRGGG!! Saturday during the day was no better. I took the kids to the library for a kids group and Hunter was a monster while I was boobing Cavan. At that point I thought about investing in a shock collar with a remote. I was up most of Saturday night, however hubby took Cavan from 5:30 to 7:30 this morning so I got a couple of hours of sleep. And Hunter was pissy that he was getting no mommy time since Cavan was sick, so in retaliation he dumped half a can of pop on my laptop (this is my own fault for leaving the half can of pop out). Thank fark it was closed and I had invested in a protective cover.

My hubby is going to owe me big time. Having to sit at home with miserable kids while he is out hunting is no fun at all. I wonder what I should ask for...

4 comments:

Morena said...

Poor caribou.... but yummy steaks! I'm a carnivor but it still makes me sad to see dead animals. I guess that's why I get my meat on foodmail! :)

Geof Harries said...

Ah, the drama of parenthood: where the good times are so good and the bad times are so very bad.

ur sister in law said...

you should ask for..............a weekend with no kids next year at Hotsprings with your sister in law

In Iqaluit said...

You could ask for a third child? Hahahaha - no.

Your sister in law has a good idea.

Mmmm... caribou.