That's right! The bright lights of Whitehorse have been calling our name for the last couple of weeks. We have been putting it off hoping to not head in until the end of March, but good god do we ever have a huge to-do list.
There are actually a few things I am looking forward to this trip!
- two planned trips to the pool
- a visit to the Polaris dealership to hopefully buy two new quads! Matt says we are just looking.... uh huh. Whatever husband, there is a good deal on and I am not going another summer without a quad.
- a visit to another bloggers for pizza and beer! woohooooo!!
- picking up new windows for our house
- buying new leather for my mitten making empire
Now the things I am not looking forward too....
- crappy tire
- home hardware (although, the boy loves it here because of the cool shopping carts)
- closing down accounts at one bank
- signing off the final paperwork at our new bank
- visit our financial planner and hand over more money
- grocery shopping- I have decided I am not going to shop at Superstore because the service is shit. So we are going to shop at Super A this time. I like it there! Real service and a clean store! Imagine that!
- and about 20 other stops we have to make.
Now I know my friends from Nunavut would be in heaven to have access to these stores, and I don't mean to complain! But there are somedays I would rather go back to only shopping once a year!! Going in every month or two gets old quickly. Yes, I love having my road, but Whitehorse is busy, not enough people smile or use their turn signals. I am happy in town for about the first 5 hours. After that I feel exhausted!
We are actually staying in for three nights this trip because we have so much running around. So busy times all around! Have a good weekend everyone!
*And if you are a Whitehorsian, please remember to smile and use your turn signals a bit more often!