Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Okay, maybe 29 won't be so bad.

I had such a great day today! Well sort of... I spent the first 2 hours of it throwing up so bad I couldn't catch my breath. Poor Hunter tried to help by seeing what was in the toilet that had mommy's attention. My drugs will be arriving by Friday from Whitehorse. Hurray for diclectin.

Then Hunter and I drove out to visit a friend who lives in a log cabin that her and her husband built. They have a little boy who is 7 months old and loves to play with Hunter. My friend made me a wonderful custard and pizza for lunch! What a treat. So I stayed there until 1pm and then drove back into town. Hunter slept for about 15 minutes and decided that was all the nap he needed for the day!

Hunter and I played all afternoon. I got a short break when a kid I have hired to clean the shitty-kitty-poo-box came by and played with Hunter. We then played some more, had supper and had a bath. In between all of that were the phone calls from family and then a wonderful call after the bath from a friend I took my BEd with. I haven't talked to her in about a year, so we had a lot of catching up to do. I also got a gazillion birthday wishes on facebook and on the blog. Yep, a gazillion. I know that many people.

I got to do some real work this evening as well. Some ladies came up for me to do their resumes and cover letters. Made $30 in an hour for some easy-peasy work.

Now I am pooped, eating some leftover custard, and heading to bed in a few minutes. A good day, even at 29.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Diclectin saved me.

I was so sick I damaged my vocal cords and couldn't talk for months. Really. This was particularly bad for me, because I was a radio reporter.

I ended up taking time off work, not allowed to speak. My voice came back, but still sounds different, and I have a permanent tickle in my throat. You don't want to end up like me.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I know! I love diclectin too. Even on the full dose of it I would still throw up between 2 and 5 times a day. I even through up all through labour! It is so miserable. I always end up throwing up so much that I can't catch my breath and that just makes it worse! A local midwife has been helping me with some natural treatments, but it hasn't helped that much. I bet 100 years ago I would have died from this!

Megan said...

My friend Cindy (ready-aye-ready.blogspot.com) may be able to suggest some other things. She helps women with severe nausea during pregnancy: it's a medical condition called hyperemesis gravidarum.

If you e-mail me (dryas at theedge dot ca) I can give you her contact information.