Saturday, September 13, 2008

Five years ago....

Five years ago today Matthew and I were married! Today is even a Saturday; same as the day we were married. The five years has passed so quickly and we always laugh at how we haven't managed to kill one another yet.

Our wedding was a hoot. A good redneck event complete with guns and hillbilly teeth! The pictures aren't that great since I cannot figure out how to work my scanner and I had to take pictures of pictures.

Of course the guns had to make it into the professional pictures. Seriously- I had to do this to convince him to marry me:


A no-gun picture:


The bridesmaid on the left, Deiss, brought these hillbilly teeth for us. We wore them before the wedding, during the pictures and even walked into the reception hall wearing them.

11 comments:

Trish said...

Those teeth were hilarious. One of my favorite parts was the signs on how to get to the reception

Kara & Matt
Went this way

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

ahahahha those signs were a riot! Sometimes my last name makes life pretty entertaining!

Anonymous said...

I loved those signs! Your wedding was so much fun!

Megan said...

Congratulations, guys!

jen said...

You guys are so cute!! I love the gun picture!

Meandering Michael said...

The grandkids are SO gonna love that gun picture. An instant classic.

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Do you have pictures of the signs? I love the picture with the gun.

Aida said...

lol what funny pictures!

our 5 years coming up next year..sheesh, cant believe we've been married 5 years!

Mrs. Falkenberg said...

Happy Anniversary!!

deiss said...

Happy Anniversary my friends! Your wedding was awesome. The blender on the tailgate for daquiris? Pure genius. The schnitzel bigger than a small dog? Tasty.

Anonymous said...

OMG Kara, you crack me up!! I LOVE that gun picture!! That is too funny!! And the teeth are a hoot too!!

I wish I could have been there to share in your and Matt's day.

Congrats on surviving 5 years together, and here's to 5 or maybe 10 more!!

Freya