Monday, September 29, 2008

Fun stuff from the the last week

Matt left for work in Pelly Crossing last Thursday, but the boy and I have managed to keep ourselves busy. Most of the time has been spent dealing with the heaps of fruit I brought back from our trip south. I still have some apples that I need to make into pies, and a few peaches left but they are getting a bit mushy. I made my first peach pie last night and it wasn't too bad.

A friend lent me this steamer. You put the fruit in the top and out the hose comes the juice. What an awesome gadget. These are apples in here and I made 20 1/4pints of apple jelly. Very tasty!


I love dried pears, so I borrowed this huge dehydrator from a friend and the last of my 20 lbs of pears is in it right now.


All of the cranberries that I had in the freezer were easily turned into juice. I had to freeze the juice though, not enough jars to make jelly. Have to wait until after the next trip to town.


Mr. Mashed Potato Head:


Going out to play on the deck. I blocked off the stairs with a sheet of plywood and the bbq. I leave to door open to the house and he just goes back and forth playing out there and the living room.


Come'ere kitty kitty kitty.... lets see if you fit through the railing...


Look down.... waaay down... We had to take go on a toy recovery mission yesterday afternoon. Jeepers he had chucked quite a few toys through!!

2 comments:

deiss said...

I wish I was there. *sniff*

Anonymous said...

Hi there Kara,

Nice blog. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE SNOW ALREADY. Mum and Dad got snow in Whitehorse yesterday!

RE: banjo music. Stay tuned to my blog for a complete list of my new banjo music.

To get the one that's playing, it's called the Joy of Cooking by Old Man Luedeke. (radio3.cbc.ca--search). Or Google.

I hope to find him in iTunes when I get my computer back.

Have a great winter. I'll be missing cross-country skiing.