Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Small World

We are always reminded at how small of a world it is! And we seem to be find neat connections wherever we go.

We drove down a road to see what was down there. And we lucked out- friendly people lived at the end! And the man who lived there had just finished reading a book about the Coppermine (our last home). So we will be going back and showing pictures of our last few years up in the Arctic.

Matt is in Whitehorse this week doing an orientation so he can do casual work here in the Yukon as well. Today he was talking with a woman whose husband just turned down a job with Parks in Kugluktuk and instead took a job in Whitehorse.

I like little things like that. I love talking to people and those little connections really bring out the friendliness in people.

4 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

I agree. When I was guarding in Rae one of the new officers went to the same high school I went to. And, one of the teachers went to high school with Rob. Small world. And of course, there was this cute guy I met in an airport in November. :)

Anonymous said...

I was just curious if you knew the book the had read. I thought it might be "Igloos Dwellers Were My Church" by the Rev. John Sperry. I'm sure you've run across it during your time in Kugluktuk.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

heheh thanks Tina- I think he is cute too! I love that you have ability to walk up to strangers too!

Darcy- he said the title of the book had Coppermine in it. So there are a few of those! I have read the one by Sperry and really enjoyed it!

Meandering Michael said...

The north is small. If you don't know someone, you know someone who does. Your blog should totally be listed on urbanyukon.com. Welcome to the territory!