I have had a very people ask more about Faro and what it has to offer!
- Yes, Shelley, we do have high(er) speed internet. It is still Northwestel, but it is much better that Qiniq was.
- I have a phone that does not have the dreadful 3 second delay.
- RCMP station (2 members)
- a library (Hunter is signed up for the Dolly Parton book club! heehhe seriously!)
- k-12 school (50'ish kids)
- liquor store
- hardware/grocery store (small selection, but prices are pretty good)
- oodles of B&B's
- conservation officer
- some kind of government building... I know the liquor store is in there and I think that is where I will go to get my new drivers license...
- post office
- beautiful tourist building
- a road out
- so far haven't seen a single drunk person walking the street
- lots of friendly people
- oh! A huge rec centre and a big arena
- a golf course that goes all through town
hmmm I know there is more.... The one thing we are missing is a gas station. It burned down in the fall, but there is talk about a new one this summer.
AND the big bonus: there is more super cheap housing here!! Come and be my neighbour! For $50-$60k you can get a big house and with a few renos it would be great!