Saturday, March 2, 2013

Hey Mom! Watch this!

I have, for the most part, given up telling the boys "no" when I hear them yell, "Hey Mom!  Watch this!"

I have adventurous boys. 

I have dare-devil boys.

I have boys hell-bent on giving me gray hairs.

Now, I just opt to get the camera and think about where the phone is, just in-case I need to speed dial the health centre.

Today's adventure was leaping from some lattice work into some snow below.  It was about an 8' drop.

Now, it did end in tears.  We had some other little boys over and one boy knocked his chin off of Cavan's head.  He was fine in the end.  And another little boy had the misfortune of being pushed, head first, over the edge.... by Cavan.  Thank goodness for all the snow to soften the impact, but landing face first in the snow is not pleasant.  Neither was the bare bum spank and hour Cavan spent in his room as punishment for the push.

The gray hair should be arriving any day now.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kara my name is Whitney and I have just spent the last half an hour reading through your blog. I currently live in northwest Florida so I cannot even begin to imagine how different life must be! My daughter is 19 months old and I am looking forward to trying some of your science experiments with her. I just wanted to say thank you for the ideas and I wish you health and happiness. I will certainly be following your blog from now on. :)

Anonymous said...

I meant to add that I have always wondered what life was like so far north....thank you for the inside look!