Saturday, March 23, 2013

Strawberries? What strawberries?

We haven't been to Whitehorse now for two months, so the cupboards and fridge are a little bare.  Our store in town gets a truck once a week, but the produce is snapped up within 24 hours and goodies like berries seem to be gone within an hour of the delivery truck arriving.

A friend was in town this week and I asked her to bring me home a container of strawberries.  You can tell a northern kid.... they will always eat the fruit before any other snack!

This container lasted about 15 minutes.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! Strawberries are a hot commodity. :)

I think it's just a kid thing, though. I can't buy fruit fast enough to keep up with Nora! Bananas, apples, mango, strawberries, grapes... She'd eat fruit all day long if I let her.

Allmycke said...

That's a habit to be encouraged! I have students in Grade 8 who think it's better to take supplements than to eat fruit and vegetables...