Yesterday I re-visited my goals from last year and now on to plans for this year. I love setting goals and resolutions!
So my plans for 2013:
1. Reach my goal weight of 170lbs by summer and have surgery to reduce the excess skin from my stomach in the fall. The first part of this goal will definitely happen and the second part I am very hopeful about. I have an appointment next week with a doctor to start looking into the process.
2. Business growth. I would like to see a bit of growth from my business over the next year. I would like to make three thousand more dollars this year as compared to last year. I am also trying some new sewing ideas to help me stand out from other crafters in the territory. More of this will happen next fall once Cavan starts school half days and I have a bit more creative time to myself.
3. More gym time. I am already playing squash 2-3 times a week and now doing a couch to 5k running program. But what I need to find time to squeeze in there is some weight lifting. I did a lot of it last winter and enjoying seeing my strength increase each week. Oh and on warmish days there is snowshoeing as well. I never knew how active a lifestyle I would have after my surgery. It has been beneficial for my entire family!
4. Hiking training! I will be hiking the Chilkoot trail this summer and I need to be ready for it. My treadmill time at the gym will help, but I would like to start doing some 10k walks on the weekends to help me prepare.
5. Science and math time with the boys. I have curious boys who want to know how and why everything around them works. I need to take more time to encourage this curiosity. We need to make more explosions, more messes, and more lego building.
6. Double my garden production! This one will be fun. My first Yukon garden last year was very successful. My space for gardening is now nearly doubled and with a bit more planning this spring, I am sure I can more than double my garden production. I am already excited about this.
And now what I am looking forward to the least:
7. Organize the rubbermaid of photos and my bins of patterns. I have a rubbermaid of photos that are from between the time we were married and when we had Hunter. They all need to be organized and put into albums. I have been putting it off forever. And my patterns.... They are in two big bins and during my busy sewing season they have gotten very disorganized. I think I might even start that one tonight and get it over with.
So that is my year! Lots of good plans and goals.
Now the slideshow! I made a slideshow today of pictures of myself from over the last fourteen months to show myself how far I have come with all of my hard work. Watching the pictures flash by helps motivate me to keep going with my healthy lifestyle and to reach my goal.
2012 weight loss 2-Large from Kara Went on Vimeo.