Monday, December 31, 2012

Re-visiting Last Year's Goals

Hurray!  The new year is nearly here so time for new goals!  And I love goal setting!

But before I set my goals for the next year, I need to re-visit last year's ones and see how I did.

1.  Craft more with Cavan.  Success!  He and I were crafty like foxes this year.  It helped that I organized all of the kid craft supplies and keep them out in the living area. 

2.  Numeracy and literacy work with Hunter.  Success!  We have been playing a lot of math games with him and working on sight words.  I never made a word wall with him, but he has a box of cards with words that he has told us he wanted to learn such as train, tender and pirate ship.  The kid is creative!

3.  Find more free time for Matt.  Semi-success!  Matt gets out to the gym and out visiting a lot more without me and the monkeys, but I would still like to find more time for him to do the things he likes.  Gotta keep working on this one.

4.  Expand my sewing skills and business.  Continued success!  I am pretty proud of my little business.  Last year I made around $12 000 in sales which I am very happy with.  Of course my supplies are very expensive, so that isn't all profit.  But I make enough to buy more supplies and buy myself something fun from time to time.  My skill-set grew in leaps and bounds last year and hopefully that happens again this year.

5.  Water my house plants.  Success!!  Well except for the ugly plant that I put outside to die.  I am a cruel plant owner.

6.  Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.  Success!  I worked to stay away from people like that and my happiness level is at an all time high.   :)


2012 was a fantastic year!  Stay tuned tomorrow for plans for the next year and reflections on my last year of weight loss.

1 comment:

Tara Borin said...

Isn't it nice to be able to look back and see what we've accomplished? Sounds like you had a great year!

And I do the same with ugly house plants. I feel real bad about it, but I don't miss 'em in the end... ;)