Monday, October 29, 2012

The Mommy Pile

We have been outside sledding with the boys almost every day over the last week.  Even though we don't have much snow yet, we are making it work!  The cold has hit here already with lows hitting -27C already (normals for this time of the year are just -10), so it is looking to be a long, cold winter.

The boys have a new favorite way to head down the hill: The Mommy Pile!  I lay on the bottom of the sled, Hunter lays on top of me, and Cavan tops off the pile.  Rarely do all three of us make it to the bottom of the hill still on the sled!  Cavan seems to giggle himself right off the top as we speed down the hill.

Doing this at 319lbs was hard work.  Going back up to the top of the hill time after time?!  Exhausting.  Now?  Easy.  I can chase my boys up the hill even.  I love every minute of it.  And those two boys on top of me only add an extra 85lbs when I have lost nearly 120.  Amazing.

Here is a picture of the Mommy Pile from last week when it warmed up to a nice -15C!

It is hard to see him, but Hunter is there in the middle!

1 comment:

Tara Borin said...

Awesome! That looks like so much fun!