Friday, March 26, 2010

Downsizing!

My weight continues to drop, and I am ecstatic at my success so far. Since the new year I have now lost a whopping 28.5lbs and hope to hit the thirty pound mark for the end of this month.

I notice a difference in how my clothes are fitting already. I went through my closet last weekend and left with an entire garbage bag of clothes that WERE TOO BIG!! How fantastic is that!?

Faro has free clothing/houseware swap associated with a church that I pop into usually once a week. Last week I found a really nice summer dress that I now have hanging in my closet. I am a loooong way from fitting it since it is a size large, but I hope it will inspire me every time I see it in there. Maybe in a couple of years my arse will have shrunk enough to make it possible!

7 comments:

tamara said...

Kara, you are doing so well - keep up the good work! I need to get my rear back in gear. I lost a little over 20, and have fallen off the wagon. If you need more of a workout, I could use a swift kick in the rear! :) Keep us updated - it is inspiring!

Ann said...

That's awesome. Congrats on the weight loss. It is so exciting.

Morena said...

So great! Once I have this baby I'm going to have to channel your will power so I can do the same.

Congrats!

Megan said...

Congratulations. You are doing great.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'm rooting for you, all across the Atlantic and most of Canada...You can make it, and you know it. Don't you?

Carole said...

Kara, I'm so happy for you! It's quite a feeling when you get to rid your closet of clothes that are too big instead of the other way around. That item you got to inspire you? You just wait...someday it will be in the "to go" pile too. Keep at it girl! I've just gotten back on track myself.

Tigger said...

Good for you!