Friday, November 6, 2009

The Right Prescription

I get itchy feet. About every two years the symptoms return, much to my husbands dismay. Symptoms include:
  • looking at house listings on mls.ca and property guys
  • checking out job boards
  • worrying that my grass is not green enough
  • looking for new doors and windows to open
Two years ago we came to Faro on a bit of a whim to look at homes and see if this community was the right fit for us. We found an amazing home for a wickedly cheap price and we moved in three months later.

A couple of people I first met in town were very negative about this little community and I realized that in order to keep my itchy foot symptoms at bay I would have to avoid these people. I quickly backed away, hung out in the shadows for a while until I found people who focus on the positives in life, and then approached them for friendship. It sounds like a horrible thing to do, but in order for me to stay positive about life, I need to associate with positive people.

And it has worked. Our two year anniversary of moving to Faro is coming up quickly and my feet are fine. No itching. None at all.

Faro. The right prescription for my itchy feet. Maybe yours as well?

5 comments:

Murray said...

Allowing negative people into your space has no value, and can wreck a perfect world you've built - a world where feet don't get itchy. Carcross was that world for me until I took myself into the negative part of the community. Within 10 months the place that I'd said for 7 years was my forever home, became unbearable. Now I'm found the right karma at Mary Lake, and negative people aren't welcome into my bubble.

I'm really pleased to hear that Faro works for you - most people never do seem to find that place.

Meandering Michael said...

Negativity sucks! Booo negativity!

Tina said...

Ile a la Crosse is the solution to ours. :)

In Iqaluit said...

YES! You make me want to go to Faro! I would love for our two boys to play with your two boys!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Four boys would be a heap of trouble! heheeh Come on over to Faro!