Friday, November 13, 2009

The Entourage!

My son travels with an entourage! Let me introduce you to his constant companions.

Here is Pup. Hunter received Pup when he was two months old from his Nan and Pop during their first visit to Kugluktuk. This is the favorite of the entourage!
This puppy, also named Pup, was rescued (stolen) from the restaurant in Ross River by Hunter one day when we were there for lunch. Hopefully we didn't break some poor kids heart. Pup was a little lonely sitting on top of the pay phone...
And meet, yes you guessed it, Pup! My son isn't very original when it comes to names. Nan and Pop gave him this puppy as well when we came to visit them in Cape Breton this summer.

Along with Pups, there is the ever faithful squirrel named Curl (how Hunter pronounces squirrel right now!). Curl was won by Hunter as a prize at one of the functions in Faro during the Crane and Sheep Festival. You should see people ohhh and ahhh when they see Hunter on the back of my quad with Curl under his arm. Frickin adorable!
And the newest member of the entourage is Bear. We bought Bear for Hunter when he was born, but just in the last month has Hunter decided he would be buddy's with him. Bear has already had to go for major back surgery just last week after some rough play. Don't worry, his stitches are healing just fine!
And the Number One member of the entourage would be his favorite blanket which he has named Ah-Nigh. God forbid we ever lose this blanket.... Here is Hunter playing picnic under his blanket with the entire gang:
"Where I go, Mommy?"
Cute as a button!

6 comments:

Trish said...

You know what's so awesome about this blog and your stories is that they are going to have memories and history from the time they are born, instead of what we probably had which is photos from special occasions really, the odd day to day and no explanation except stories that are passed on. These are some of the reasons why I love this blog.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Thanks Trish! My goal for this winter it to put each year of my blog into books. I found a website that I can do that on! It is going to be a lot of work, but it will be worth it in the end.

Trish said...

Totally worth it!

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

What site are you looking at? I want to do the same with my blog but the site I found *B1urb* won't upload the comments. Love the entourage. Joe has a blanket that he calls Sookie. We accidently left Sookie in New Brunswick this summer on our way back and I was more upset than he was!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Tina, I am going to use blurb too, but will be moving everything over manually so I can have the comments too! It is going to be soooo much work!

Carole said...

Hunter is growing up! He's losing his baby look and turning into a fine-looking big boy. What a gorgeous kid. Keep on posting those photos.