Monday, October 5, 2009

Cape Breton Fun

Our holidays so far have been wonderful. The weather finally cooled off and the hardwood trees are starting to turn their astounding autumn colours.

I have been getting those harassing emails and facebook messages asking for pictures! So here are a few. I just downloaded the camera onto my mother-in-law's computer today and these are some of the highlights.

Waiting for the train to come out in the country! Don't worry, we moved him off the tracks in time. :)

Cavan being towed around the country side by his big brother:


Cavan and I on the shore of the Bras d'or Lakes. We own 10 acres of our own out here, but it is a lot above the waterfront lots. We have deeded access to get down to the water. Matt's folks have the 5 acres adjoining ours and that is where they have built their little cabin. We spent all of last week out there relaxing.

Hunter practicing his favorite pastime:

My Super Sherpa!


Hunter picked up this fuzzy caterpillar and was in love with it! This is definitely my child, no fear of bugs at all (now I just have to never tell him I am petrified of moths!)


Relaxing in the cabin:

Hunter and his Pop touring around Baddeck. I love the look on his face in this picture:

Have a bath in the beer tub at the cabin:

Having fun with Nanny Gillis:

3 comments:

dogsled_stacie said...

Cute pics!! I love that "don't worry, we took him off the tracks in time..." HAHA

Don't come back yet, we're in this middle of rainy, snowy, barely above zero crap! Wait till it gets below freezing and just snows already!

In the meantime, I'm building an ark.

Unknown said...

You look so beautiful and relaxed in both those photos Kara, this trip is good for you.

Morena said...

A bath in a beer tub, now that's a maritime thing to do! Glad you're having fun.