Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cape Breton Visit So Far

We are alive!

The trip so far has been so great, even the flights out were better than expected. We had great connections on our flights to get out here with it only taking three planes and 13 hours of travel. The kids were amazing on the planes. Just a few tears here and there mainly on take-off for the baby and the seat belt with Hunter. The flight attendants blew my mind away with how helpful they were- and this was AirCanada folks!!! The desk staff in Toronto airport though was horrible- Matt is pretty sure someone had pissed in their cheerios that morning.

The grandparents were there at the Sydney airport to greet us... no not us actually... the boys! They didn't give two hoots about Matt and me. They have been spoiling the kids rotten since then. Hunter latched onto his grandparents with no problem and is calling them Pop and Nan. He drags them everywhere to play and we have become chopped liver. I went to the door to go outside to play with Hunter and I was met with, "No Mom. No Out. POP OUT!" So we are getting some rest in for a change.

The weather has been a bit warm for our liking, but it seems to be changing and cooling off thanks to some rain. Next week I think we are going to head to what they call "country" out here and what I call "the never ending reaches of the town." Matt and I own 10 acres and his folks the adjoining 5 acres out in the "country." Matt's folks have put a little cabin up on their part and we are just claiming ownership of it. It is beautiful out there and I am looking forward to putting my feet up, reading a book and doing a whole lot of nothing. For people out here the just under a drive to the country is soooo farrrr!! Crazy-ass east coasters.

Oh- and Hunter is in heaven. The train crosses the street just a couple of houses down from his Nan and Pops. Mainly just trains hauling coal to the power plant. You can hear the bells going off and then my kid squealing with glee as he runs to the door to see the train. So cute! We do this about 7 times a day.

So all is good out here!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Glad you're having fun. Waiting for pictures!

Lindsay Niedzielski said...

Glad you are having a good time and getting to relax - take advantage of it!!! And glad to hear you didn't make out too bad on the flights!

Heather said...

Glad to hear you guys are having fun! Em is doing a superb job with the kittys, Lydia went over once with her and didn't want to leave all Hunters toys! Emily said she's not taking Lydia again. I went over yesterday to help her put new litter in the box, everything with the house looks great. And no puke - yay!!

Ladues of the North said...

Sounds like fun...grandparents are great and sometimes being chopped liver is alright...lol
I think I might go sooner than I thought, just due to precautions but the break will be nice. I will fly out with Daniel and David and Brian and the other 3 will drive out on Nov 6, unless anything changes but I doubt it. All my boys were late!!! I don't expect her to be any different. Well have lots more fun in the "country" TTFN