Thursday, October 22, 2009

Crazy Random Happenstance

I love our small little world!

While in Whitehorse before we left for Cape Breton (oh hey... did I mention on here how I screwed up reading our tickets and we actually were leaving a day after I thought we were so we went to town anyways and just hung out for the extra day since the house was already clean and the truck was packed before I read the ticket... heheheh)

Okay... back on track here! So we are walking around downtown Whitehorse in the morning and we stop to talk to this lovely older couple who were out with their dog. Super nice folks and they let Hunter pet their dog, so of course Hunter was in love! They said they were up visiting their daughter and her husband who had recently moved to Watson Lake. We had a lovely chat and then continued on our way. A few weeks later I get an email from a blogger that I follow, but have never met, saying she thinks we ran into her parents!! Turns out, yep, we were chatting to this bloggers parents and she was able to figure out it was us from her parents description and what she knew from our blog. So neat!

Now this one I really love... I got a message from that Motherly Matron of Northern Blogs (I believe that is what she is now called!), the amazing Indigo. If you have a northern blog, or frequent the comment sections of them, you know who I am talking about. In this message, she says that her husband was in an airport and ran into a woman who knows me! Now, I have never met Indigo in person, or her husband. And I have not seen this friend in ages! But somehow Indigo's husband and my awesome friend Trish got to talking and found a nifty connection. How odd is all of that! Trish and I went to University together for a couple of years nearly 10 years ago, but we have seen each other a couple of times since then.

So as Trish said to me this is all crazy random happenstance. And I love it!

3 comments:

Trish said...

I heart moments like these! Our world is getting smaller and I especially love how we can know people that we have never met before, that would have never happened years back. Ooo!, I bet we could almost play 6 degrees of separation through your blog!

freckles said...

It must be fate! ;)

Unknown said...

"motherly matron"............that cracked me up. I had a vision of some little white haired wrinkled granny knitting little blogger hats or sending pies in the mail (not quite there yet). passionate patron sounded better!