Friday, December 26, 2008

Best customer service ever!

For Christmas Matt got me an aerogarden. I have wanted one for a while now, and we had to get my folks to buy it down in Dawson Creek since they were always sold out over in Whitehorse.


Today I set up my aerogarden dreaming about the lettuce and herbs I will be growing in my kitchen this winter. All is going good. Seed pods are in, water is up, nutrients are added, lights are on... oops a light goes out. Okay, we switch the lights to see if one just burnt out. Nope. Looks like one side of the hood isn't working right. Damn.

So in the box was a sheet saying to not call the store that it was purchased at. Instead I am directed to call another number. I got through the usual "push this number to get this option" crap. Well it is going to be a while, but they give you the option to leave your phone number and they will call you back. Right on! Why doesn't every place give you this option. I figured they were closed for the holidays, but nope! About 4 hours later I get a call. Definitely American! Holy doodle what an accent. And if you can believe this, she was a helpful, friendly, even knew where the Yukon was American. I was shocked. Even more shocking was that they are going to send me an entire hood replacement at no cost. Non whatsoever, not even shipping! I said I would ship my hood back to them, but nope. She said just toss it. She is even going to send me new seeds since she was worried the one light that is working might not be good enough for the herbs I had just planted. I thanked her and she apologized that it might be a few weeks before it would arrive. No problem here! I don't mind!

That was definitely the best customer service I think I have ever had. Easy, friendly, no hassle, and free! Thanks Aerogarden customer service lady!

7 comments:

Aida said...

that is great! Thermos Canada has GREAT customer service as well. i left a msg and they returned my call within hours

Trish said...

What a great story. It's so nice to have your faith in Humanity restored every now and then :-)

Unknown said...

Hey! I have been thinking about on of those. Is it basically a small hydroponic dish with lights? What is in the nutrients?

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

It is really spiffy Indigo. Yep, just the water and lights. No dirt! I am not sure what is in the nutrients. I will look through the manual and let you know. It sure is idiot proof though!!

Anonymous said...

See, not all Americans are stunned and igorant people, just like not all Canadians drink beer, play hockey, and say "eh" incessantly :P

Glad you got it taken care of.

Sarah :)

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

But Sarah, we do drink beer, play hockey and say eh all the time!


:)

Anonymous said...

I don't play hockey, eh.......