Friday, September 4, 2009

Butchering the Caribou

Today my friend and I butchered up the caribou that had been hanging in my garage for the last week. It was her husband who shot it last week while out hunting with Matt. It only took us a few hours to have it all cut, wrapped and in the freezer. The little caribou gave us both four small roasts, twelve packages of steaks and eighteen packages of hamburger. Not bad at all! And I was able to test out my new 1 horse power meat grinder and oh baby is it ever amazing. As fast as you can stuff the caribou in it, it was grinding it.

Happy butchers:


Mmmmmm!!! Caribou!

After cutting up the caribou, I went upstairs and baked three dozen buns and cooked up some sausages. The two guys are heading out again for this long weekend, so I thought they would like some good food to eat while they are out in the bush. They had better not return unless they get a tasty moose!

3 comments:

Murray said...

Yuuum! When's the "Yukon Blogger BBQ"?? :)

Anonymous said...

shes a savage really, i know im her brother, the one she didnt eat.jj

APF said...

Hey, I had wild boar the other day!
I know, I know, I can't compete with the 'boo... Hmmf.