Sunday, May 5, 2013

A few random bits

I have been sitting on my arse for a week now and have nearly lost my mind!  But I think I am healing.  The bruising is a little bit less than it was a few days ago, but the pain hasn't really decreased.  Part of that is thanks to my husband banging into my leg last night by accident when I didn't have my aircast on plus I went out and about a bit this weekend which was just exhausting!

I am going to see a visiting doctor on Tuesday to ask for a referral to physiotherapy and just ask a bit more about how to ease back into weight-bearing in the coming weeks.

Folks in town have been so helpful with watching the kids for us and making some meals too since I am too gimpy to be getting around in my kitchen.  I have tried doing a few things around the house while on crutches, but as soon as my foot is down, it starts to swell and turn purple- so back to the sofa I go.

Today I managed to get onto my quad all on my own, so I will have some independence back here in the future.  Highlight of today was chasing my kids down the street while on the quad.  Soooo much fun watching them run with that hint of fear in their eyes. 

Lots of lovely purple and yellows!

 And spring is slow hitting Faro!  The temperatures are finally going above zero and I hear word of double digits above zero for the end of this week.  Here is a picture from May 5th of last year followed by a picture taking today, again May 5th:
May 5th, 2012.  Wild drivers on dry sand.

May 5th, 2013.  The kids are still getting stuck in the snow.
Last, just a random picture of naked boys, on an office chair, with suckers. 
Add caption


No comments: