Saturday, January 3, 2009

I made MITTENS!! Want some?

Thanks to my friend Aida over in Arviat, I was able to make my first pair of mittens yesterday! For my first pair they turned out pretty darn good, or at least I think so. Aida was awesome, she scanned in 6 pages of a book and then emailed it to me. The instructions were pretty easy to follow.

So here is what I made, and they are for sale!
Moose hide (not smoked), and beaver mittens:



Because these are my first pair someone with the right size hands will get a great deal on them. They are fleece lined and will fit someone with small hands- about 6" long. They are just right on me, but I already own a pair!

I have my first order already! Tina has asked for a pair but she would like them to flare out and go longer so they will go over the sleeves of her parka. I was dreaming about them all night and can't wait to start on them today!!

So if anyone is interested in the pair that I just made or would like a custom pair made just for you, let me know! I will get back to you with prices and what measurements I need. They can also be made with grey or white rabbit, and pink/forest green/navy blue hide.

4 comments:

Jennith said...

he he... I'm going to have to go find a ruler now... I have tiny hands, but I'm not sure they are less then 6 inches from fingertip to wrist.... they are very nice looking

Aida said...

it looks really warm, i wanted to sew one from fur too, now i can totally see how it looks like.

Jennith said...

Sadly, my hands are nearly 7 inches long - you must have super tiny hands. I'd be interested to know your prices though. I haven't had much luck finding fur mitts and I was actually thinking of making my own, but since I haven't done much more sewing than to fix buttons and hems and attach crests to my girl guide camp blanket - it might be worth buying them from someone who owns a sewing machine. :D

Anonymous said...

Hey !

Have you sold these mittens ? I might be interested, for my mom, who lives in France and her hands are always always getting cold (bad circulation).

I guess in those ones, she wouldn't be cold !!

And my mom has tiny hands...

Pleeeaaaase, write me with your price list anyway at : elise(at)taket(dot)org