Thursday, October 17, 2013

20 days

I booked this surgery back in the spring and the date has creeped up on me.  Well, it has felt as though it has taken forever to get here, but as I get closer to leaving I feel like I don't have enough time to get ready!

While I am excited for this huge change, I am also an anxious wreck.  Anxiety nearly gets the best of me on a good day (I am a wee bit of a control freak) and with so many unknowns regarding surgery, it is taking a toll on me.  I don't know how my recovery will be, no clue on how well I will heal, or what the heck will I even look like when it is all done??!!

Prior to weight loss surgery, I would have dealt with my anxiety by eating and hiding from the world.  Now, I just turn more into a control freak and try and keep myself as busy as possible (until 7pm when I don't leave the comfort of sofa).  All of my food is logged with precision, lists are made (I have three on the go currently), and if stuff isn't in its place I just may wig out a little.  I think Matt may be researching "easy ways to dispose of a body" whenever he uses the computer.

Just twenty days until a crap load of excess skin is cleavered off my body.  Exciting, but scary as shit too.


5 comments:

Megan said...

You are doing such a fabulous job Kara! I wish we lived closer so we could hang out and I could give you some moral support in person!

Allmycke said...

I've been having fn fb-conversation with a friend of mine (B-U) who underwent the exact same surgery a few days ago. They removed 6,5 kgs of excess skin and put in 100 sutures,but he's doing great. He's still on strong painkillers, but the doctor is sure he'll do OK with over-the-counter pain meds once he leaves the hospital tomorrow.
You're welcome to contact him - send a mail to me and I'll arrange it.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Kara ,

Stories of a Happy Mom said...

Good luck, Kara! I'll be thinking of you! You will do great!

jozien said...

wow! i am reading this today, wondering where and how you are now? Hope you have a new post soon, with the good news :)