Matt has been working in Pelly Crossing for the last week and will be working there until the end of the month. This weekend though, he has taken Friday and Monday off of work and we will meet up with him in Whitehorse for the extended weekend. On Monday the boys and I will head back to Faro and Matt back to Pelly. I see a lot of tears on that drive home! The boys have really missed Matt this week, as have I.
This last week has been chock-full of events and I am exhausted from doing it all with no hubby for backup. Events and activities from the last week:
- baking and decorating cakes to donate to a fundraiser
- attending the cake walk fundraiser
- baking and decorating 130 cookies for a school lunch
- helping set up for a school luncheon and helping out at the lunch- which also included watching in horror as my kid yakked all over the floor during the luncheon. Thankfully he wasn't really sick, he had just chugged a glass of water too fast. He was fine afterwards!
- coffee shop meet-ups with friends
- cat barf cleaning
- skating class
- Hunter had a buddy come and play two afternoons this week
- teaching my friend how to sew mittens
- attending a workshop on encouraging physical activity in children (I will have to do a whole post on this one!)
- more cat barf cleaning
- helping Hunter make handmade Valentine's cards
- going to the gym three times a week plus going to play squash with a friend on the weekend
- attending a community health fair
- spending time outside every day, mainly at the climbing hill by our house, so we can take advantage of this unseasonably warm February
- fending off zombies... oh wait, that was just my children on the attack
- volunteering in Hunter's classroom for a Valentine's craft
- making homemade lipbalm with a friend
- baking three dozen cupcakes for a bake sale
- playgroup for Cavan
- a wee bit of sewing
Tomorrow is going to be just as busy. I have playgroup and my workout in the morning, packing for Whitehorse, cleaning before I leave, filling up the truck, and then in the evening a Family Literacy Event at the school. The literacy event is going to be fantastic!! It starts with a pancake supper and then there will be games and activities going on. I am helping out with a bake sale that will go on then as well.
Thankfully I have gobs of energy to take on crazy weeks like this, even with only taking in 900 calories a day. My body is doing an excellent job of burning off the excess energy (aka. fat) that I have been carrying around. People are really starting to notice the weight loss and I have received so many lovely compliments from people around town. That feedback really helps boost my confidence and keep me going! This weekend I have to buy some new clothes since everything I have is starting to fall of me.
I am looking forward to hopefully having a wee bit of me time this weekend in Whitehorse. Perhaps call some town friends to meet up for tea while Matt takes the kids to the park to play. I need a few hours of kid free time!
|Cavan heading up the climbing hill. This is such a great way to burn energy off the boys!|
|Hunter enjoying the warm weather.|
|Some of the gazillion heart cookies I baked and iced.|
|New fur muff that I finished off.|
|Crafty Michelle stirring our lip balm concoction.|
|Hunter's Valentine's Day cards.|