Friday, February 24, 2012

Morning Fun



Everyone knows that I love mornings.  I am just one of the odd people who is bright eyed and bushy tailed hours before the crack of dawn (although my husband says I can still be cranky).

This morning Cavan was up at 5:30 and Hunter at 6.  But I lazed in bed with a book while they played in their rooms until the monkey alarm clock woke up at 7am.  Then I went into full gear!  We enjoyed breakfast and some CBC Kids shows.  Then the productivity (and fun) began:

Painting on our new (to us) easel! 

Proud of his name painting!  He was dressed, but the cat drooled on him, so he hung his clothes up to dry.

We played pirate cowboy!

We baked five dozen chocolate cupcakes (from scratch of course) for a party tomorrow.
Cupcakes were sampled and approved.

A vat of butternut squash soup was made.

 So what am I avoiding?

Well I am doing the laundry... I just have an issue with folding.






About 6am while I was reading my book, the boys were practicing their synchronized peeing.  Cavan came to tell me he got pee on his nose.  I don't even want to know how that happened, but cleaning the bathroom is now on my to-do list today!



5 comments:

Fignie said...

Hahahaaaaaaaaa!!!! Thank you for this morning's post! I'm am truly laughing! VERY cute! I can hardly imagine "synchronized peeing" ... LOL!!

Allmycke said...

I only had one child who peed all over the place... It might have been easier to accept, had there been two practising "synchronised peeing"
Thank you Kara for sharing moments like this!

Tina said...

I love your bathroom floor. I should do a post like this also. My Mt. Washmore / Mt. Foldmore is bigger than yours. :)

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

I am a morning person too but not nearly as efficient as you are at getting things done! you are so brave to have them painting. I need to do this but I fear them with paint in the house!! lol...Your kids are so cute!

Carole said...

What I want to know is, where the hell do you get all your energy? lol