Sunday, May 30, 2010

Can you wave down that wagon for me?

Cause I am trying to get back on!

While the family was visiting, I fell off the wagon. And not just off the wagon... I think I fell down the steep embankment the wagon was passing at the time. I am pulling myself up through prickle bushes and am nearly back on that wagon!

I was eight pounds up from my fantastic thirty-five pound loss. It could have something to do with the 1/2lb of fudge, heaps of homemade chocolate cookies, restaurant food and this damn heat that is making me retain water something fierce. I am really hoping a lot of that extra eight pounds in water and it will leave soon!

Today is my third day back on track and I am already down two of those extra pounds. I find I am craving sugar and salt right now. I have got to figure out a better plan for when I have company over and when I travel.

My next big goal is to hit 50lbs for July 26th. That is when we will be down visiting my family and my treat to myself for when I hit 50lbs is $250 of new clothing. I would love to hit that goal when I am actually near some stores!

Please let the butt kicking commence- I am going to need it.

8 comments:

jill spyker said...

Great job getting back up there and admitting it to everyone out there in blog-land. That's the toughest part. I went on the stress diet this week and lost 6lbs. Now, I'm back to grilling veggies and having yummy grain and veggie burgers as a low fat alternative, half a bun and lots of raw veg! It's sunny and lovely there, get that BBQ going :) You can even grill some fruit, like apples, for a sweet treat!

Morena said...

Setbacks happen. As long as you get back on that wagon you're still moving forward. Good for you for setting new goals and not letting this small setback throw you off permanently.

Happy Shopping! I'm sure you'll do it.

Megan said...

You can do it!

I still find diet sodas very helpful. The problem with them is that you can easily start to think that you can overindulge on something else because you've had a diet soda, but as long as you guard against that, a diet soda will help with cravings for sweets.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Thanks girls!

I have a diet pop everyday Megan. That gets me through the afternoon. And when I am really craving sweet I have a jello!!

Erica said...

I have been making salsa in my mini blender, since the stuff you buy at the store has vinegar *and* sugar in it...stupid dysbiosis food restrictions.

I find that the best way to keep from eating too much of it is to forget that I have been touching onions, and rub my eye with my oniony hand. Then I am in too much pain to contemplate shovelling salsa into my maw ^_^

Seriously, though, I think you are doing amazing - minor setbacks are par for the course.

Allmycke said...

You'll make it. Like everyone else says - setbacks are bound to happen, but you seem to be strongwilled enough that you'll reach your goal.

Megan said...

Mmmmm...homemade salsa is the best. Just be careful about the chips you put with it.

In Iqaluit said...

I hereby give you the most encouraging, most serious, most enthusiastic, most get-back-on-track swift kick in the butt ever!

Go Kara!
Go Kara!
Go Kara!