Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Marvelous Mayo!

My one week all expenses paid vacation to Mayo was such a blast! I am so glad the kids and I decided to accompany Matt while he had to work there. The weather was above zero and sunny almost the entire week. I felt so relaxed hanging out in Mayo, avoiding my large to-do list back in Faro.

I finally got the chance to meet a woman and her husband whom I have been corresponding with for about half a year but had yet to have a chance to meet in person. What great people! They fed us a huge turkey dinner when we arrived there last Monday. Hunter was in love with their little dog and was calling for him in his sleep a couple of nights! We got in a number of visits over the run of the week and I cannot wait to go back there for a visit this summer to do some camping so we can chat again!

We also had supper out with some folks who just moved there from Faro. We had take-out Chinese food from the restaurant with them that was so delicious. I drank a few glasses of red wine while visiting and even the kids were quite well behaved!

While Matt was working, the kids and I would head out for at least two walks a day. We also made a couple of visits to a free-cycle store and found some spiffy items to take home. The library was nice to visit even though I am pretty sure we have more kids books in our own home than they have. I was hoping to take in a beading/sewing class, but Matt got called in to work so I had to skip that one. We played on playgrounds and splashed in every single puddle in Mayo. Twice. At least.

I also survived an entire week with only checking my email once! However, I did take in a lot of shows on the satellite (even the bad talk shows in the afternoon while the kids napped). I finished off a pair of beaver mittens and got a good start on a pair of seal mittens.

The community was friendly and quite quiet. I am really looking forward to future visits to the area with the camper and maybe the quads for more exploring.

Matt trying to convince Cavan to walk in his boots. Not much success yet!

Heading out for another walk.
Hunter pushed that dump truck all over town on our walks.

Puddle Exploration
An accidental shot that turned out pretty nifty!
Spring thaw in Mayo:

Taking the leap:

Loving the splash!

Looking goofy:

**Sorry Ann- no pictures of me! I will get one up soon though so I can show off the thirty pound weight loss!

6 comments:

Tammy Bouwman said...

Very cool pictures and looks like the kidlets had a blast!

Ann said...

Those pictures of the kids are fantastic - brings back so many memories of Josh and his rubber boots. LOL.
Looking forward to pictures of you soon.

Morena said...

Oliver didn't like his boots either for a long time. I put them on him in the house and now he loves them! He stomps around like he's got these huge heavy feet. It's really funny.

lindsay Niedzielski said...

Love the puddle jumping...we can't wait for it to be that nice here! We also got both girls used to their boots by letting them walk and play in the house with them (which they both still do!)

Heather, aka: Mum said...

I LOVE the Leep & Splash pics :) The girls have been exploring every puddle on the property this week! It's too funny isn't it?

Asheya said...

Wow, spring thaw! Crazy times! It's hard to visualize snow and ice from where I'm sitting.