Thursday, April 24, 2014

Hotspring Happiness!

We spent five days away for Easter at Laird Hotsprings and it was bliss!  We camped with my parents, my grandfather who flew up from Vancouver Island, my brother with his wife and three sons, and my sister-in-law's parents, her brother, and also for a the day her sister with her husband and three kids.  Whew!  That was a few people!

The four little boys spent the weekend building fires, using hatches and machetes, biking, swimming, trying to trap squirrels, and just the general mischief that boys playing outside get up to.

I spent the weekend cuddling my newest nephew.  I was perfectly content!

It was a long drive to get there.  We took the Robert Campbell highway south to Watson Lake and then the Alaska Highway to the hotsprings; that is about 700km.  On the way home, we stayed on the Alaska Highway since we needed to do some shopping in Whitehorse and that trip is 1000km.  The boys traveled well and they didn't puke once thanks to gravol!

Lots of great photos from the weekend to share.

The four boys unleashing on the snow with hatches and machetes.

Heading to the hotsprings.

Each boy insisted on building his own fire.

My nephew and the stack of wood he cut himself.  He is 5.

And my little man turned five! 

Four Generations!

All the menfolk!

My 86 year old grandfather and my six week old nephew.

Life is rough camping with my brother!  He cooked up this huge prime rib roast!

Very tired boys each night!

Lots of bison to see on the highway.

Little log leapers!

So happy to be playing in the water!

Liard Hotsprings.

Checking out the waterfall.

We are cute!

This was what I did almost the entire weekend.

3 comments:

-N- said...

Looks like fun! What a long drive though ... but I guess you guys are used to long drives.

Tara Borin said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! I hope to get there some day. I love the picture of the three fires, that's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Here kids. Take these hatchets and machetes and have fun :) Only in Canada.